Thursday, August 18, 2005

Not a girl, not yet a woman

A teenager is between the age of 13-19. You know, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, well, you get the idea. One has to be 21 to be officially an adult. So what do you call someone who is 20? Not here not there, in between.

Anyway, a couple of days back, i turned 20. This is by far the best birthday ever. I celebrated in advance, went kbox to sing karaoke followed by dinner at Tao's. Table for 10. Wow! It's the first time there's a big group and i didn't feel left out. In fact, i felt so blessed. So happy that there were so many close friends celebrating my birthday with me. They have singers there (not what i'd call a live band). They got those people to sing me a birthday song. Gary and Dennis even went up to sing, dedicating the song to me. I also spent one whole day with my guy on the actual day of my birthday. Haven't spent so much time with him for quite a while. Dinner was bufffet at kuisine-bo.

Very touched that many of my friends actually remembered my birthday. Some whom i didn't expect sms me to send their greetings. A friend even asked if i received a lot of presents. My reply was, "I'm not a kid, where got get many presents?". This is what i got:


  • necklace, earrings and bracelet from perlini's silver from my aunt
  • a red packet from my grandma dearest
  • "the little prince" and charles & keith voucher from joy
  • a slice of cake from yaosheng
  • treats (kbox & dinner) from gary and dennis
  • boiling tube with message from shuyi
  • musical stand from vince, zijie and shuyi
  • necklace from swarovski from my guy

And those things that i bought from the shopping trips are presents for myself! *laughs* i love myself.

You know how people use the term sweet sixteen? Well, this is memorable twenty for me.

Happy Birthday to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home