Thursday, January 19, 2006

think about it

How would you react when you see someone you haven't met for a long time? Well, i guess it depends on who it is; whether it's a friend or just merely an acquaintance. Anyway today i met two; a friend and an acquaintance.

Let's start with the acquaintance. She saw me from afar. She did not smile. Her face was a mixture of, i don't know, disgust and disappointment? I smiled, waved and said hi. Her reply was a half-hearted of wave and a weak smile.

It was disappointing. I hate it whenever i get excited seeing someone i know and smiling only to get a not-too-enthusiastic response.

After that i met a friend and we stood aside and catch up for a while. Both of us were chipy and enthusiastic. It made my day after that.

I usually don't bump into people when i go out. But if i do bump into people with the not-so-positive response, well i'd rather not run into anyone then.