Sunday, May 29, 2005

just another day

My classes doesn't require me to wake up early. At least for the academic year that just passed. On a typical day, lessons start at 1400hrs, i wake up at 1100, have breakfast, lunch or is it brunch? anyway, eat, bathe and head for school. My body is no longer used to waking up early. Yes yes, i know, i used to wake up early for primary, secondary and jc. But now waking up early is really tough.

Early in the morning, i can't seem to open my eyes. It's not that i don't want to. i can't! it feels as if they're swollen. Take this morning for example, my kid brother came to wake me up at 9plus, around 0935. After much time spent lazing on the bed, i finally got out of bed. Almost immediately, i felt a slight headache, my stomach didn't feel too good and was somewhat nauseous. I think i even had gastric.

Let's move on.

There was a family day carnival at my bro's school. That was the reason he woke me up. I asked him what was there at the carnival. One thing that he said tickled me.

"The Indian squash the mud on your hand"

Don't get me wrong. It does not have any racist connotation. He simply meant henna (Indians using herbs to draw on your hand which would "stain" the skin leaving designs on your hand for a couple weeks) Funny things kids say.

At the carnival, there were food and games. The food, i must say, was alright, depending on what you eat. The fried bee hoon from a stall tasted funny and fried rice was too dry. Then, there were these kids from this Malay stall who either can't count or can't think straight. They were selling some fried food and the price is as follows:
  • 1 piece for 50cents
  • 3 pieces for a dollar
  • 5 pieces for two dollars

Think about it. 3 pieces for a dollar. That makes 6 pieces for two dollars. The more you buy, the more discount you're supposed to get right? (Economies of scale) So why on Earth are they selling it at 5 for $2?!?

They actually have dunking game! Never thought i'd see this in Singapore. They put someone up there (to be a clown) and below him is a barrel of water. One would pay to get balls to throw at the lever. Once hit, the lever lowers and the "clown" gets dunked into the water.

After some hours at the carnival, i went home, ate and slept. I'm not a pig. I get tired easily. Oh, you didn't know? Well, now you know.